Basketball Is Life Tips | Teen Ink

Basketball Is Life Tips

By Jamespack BRONZE, Ventnor City, New Jersey
Jamespack BRONZE, Ventnor City, New Jersey

"Strive for greatness" LeBron James

I played basketball my whole life. It gets addicting after you play it for a while and it is fun! Sometimes you have ups and downs with the sport but it is not a bad thing. So if you are looking for tips, I will tell you some tips about basketball. You obviously need a ball to start and there are certain sizes of basketballs. There is a 27in for little kids like 5-10, 28In for 10-12 year olds, and 29In for 13 years old and up. After you get your ball, you start dribbling, my tip is to not go as fast because if you are a beginner, then don’t dribble as fast but if you are an advanced player, then you can start to dribble as fast as an Emu running to get food, and the Emu is also chasing people as well. Second, is to go to gym or a basketball court and shoot the ball, my tip is to try to swish the ball when shooting because it can go in or try to aim at the basket before shooting also because that is a good way for phenomenal shooting. There are a lot of drills you have to do in basketball and I will name a couple of those drills right now! The layup drill, dribbling, rebounding, and passing are the main drills you focus on in basketball. The layup is a drill that you run down the court and shoot the closest to you. Dribbling is the most important drill in basketball because you dribble up the curt when you play basketball.  Rebounding is when the other team or you team misses a shot, you get close to the basket and get the ball and then if the other team shot the ball, you got to your basket and shoot it. Passing is also the most important drill in basketball because you pass the ball to your other teammate and then the teammate passes it to the other and so on. In basketball, you get put on a team with around 10 players, also you have to try out for the basketball team and it is tough. I t was actually tuff for me because there were a lot of good players on the team but I did actually get on the basketball team. After that you practice with your team, and then you play the game against another team.  That is very tough for me and a lot of you probably because you are versing another team and you have to get as many rebounds, points, and steals as possible to win the game. I only played on a team for a year and it is fun but hard at the same time. Try the sport out and see if you want to do it and I think it will be fun for all of you that will do the sport.

nicklikescats,
LOL, that is so funny.

nicklikescats,
best story of all time.

kitty_cannon_2.0,
You can James you are like the best writer ever but we still fight @Joebenz also agrees that James is article I think that everyone likes this story Mr. Kane you have to give James an a plus because this writing is wonderful all the specific details and figurative language good job James. James you have the talent to write for life.

Rashadbrown14,
good article like the tips

chloeserrano said...
chloeserrano,
Ladies and gentleman.... we have greatness!!!!

mejakarpuzi said...
mejakarpuzi,
James great job, one of my favorite stories I had ever read. keep up the great work!

Joebenz BRONZE said...
Joebenz BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"You can't put a price on my what you to do"
- Jamie Ravan

Great article James!!! And I hope that others can learn from your article and get something out of it!!!

BigCountry8 said...
BigCountry8,
Lets go James hold up guys let me just say this man needs to be published like five star published not any publishing ok because this man writing shows he is coming crazy...James Packanowski ladies and gentlemen CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!