My Dog | Teen Ink

My Dog

By KrustyKrab BRONZE, Marysville, Washington
KrustyKrab BRONZE, Marysville, Washington

When I was little’ it was a couple weeks before i turned 7 and i didn't know it yet but my dad's friend had 2 dogs make puppies and and they couldn't sell all of them so they asked my dad if he wanted one for free. They asked my dad if he wanted a dog and so my dad thought about me and my birthday and if i wanted a dog or not so he got my dog. Then he brought him home and buddy was still asleep  but I was so excited to see what my dad was going to bring me home and when i saw him walking up the pathway i saw him carrying something it was a little harrey dog we sat him down to name him first we almost called him ottis I said no then shilo i said maybe but then i thought what would he be to me my best friend or would he be my Buddy from then on he was man's best friend my dog.

I got my dog buddy when I was 7 he was just a little baby beagle he grew up really slow. Me and buddy like to play games like hide and seek and fetch and tug a war I like taking him for walks on the trail or at a beach or park.
Sometimes at night when it's cold he will climb on my bed and sleep on my feet and he keeps them warm when i'm bored I can go and play with him. My moms a blogger and she mainly takes pictures of food and writes about the food but now she writes about my dog and me doesn't really write about me more like makes little statements in the picture to explain why she took the picture buddy is a pear breed but the thing is he's bigger and different colors and body than other beagles. Buddy was the best dog i have ever had he is like my best friend he will always be I also will remember getting my dog buddy forever because that was ‘my’ first pet/dog and i learned best friends don't have to be same gender or life form it can be any. Some people's best friend has never even seen before some always see each other but now my dog buddy is one of my best friends .

Me and my dog have been best friends/family since I was little and also I think I feel different about my dog then most with there pets because buddy is special to me so i had to write about him.