66 will always equal 1 | Teen Ink

66 will always equal 1

By Trevorr25 BRONZE, Alpharetta, Georgia
Trevorr25 BRONZE, Alpharetta, Georgia

66=1

This photo brings me back so many memories at camp. Camp is my “ Summer Place.” I always looking toward the best 25 days of my life. This is why this photo is so important to me.

This photo is also important to me because I'm surrounded by my best friends. I know for the next 25 days at camp I'm going to be surrounded by the best people and the best staff. I know I'll be safe at camp. The people that are in the picture are just a few of my best friends. This year our phrase as a unit was “66=1.” We all wanted become one. We also called it unity. The goal was to all become friends with each other. Where I go to camp is up in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Cleveland,GA. It is a very beautiful camp. It has two lakes, horseback riding, a bunch a cabins where people sleep, and a huge dining hall where we eat our meals everyday.

My camp friends are the nicest people to be around. I can always trust them when i'm down. Our unit never goes a day without talking on our groupchat. I Snapchat a lot of my friends so I can stay in touch with them. Most of my friends from camp are from here in the Atlanta area. Some of them are from Memphis, Raleigh, and Nashville. One who I met this summer came all the way from Israel to spend time with us.

Camp is the best place to be at with your best friends. We do lots of activities there. Sometimes my friends and I will go shoot some hoops during free play. As a cabin, we would do activities our counselor signed up for. We would do pottery wheel, the luge; which is a huge slide that takes you to the lake, and my favorite activity we would do is the omega. The omega is a long zip line that looks over the lake. When you end the zip line, you'll end up in the lake.

After school ends, I'm always counting down the days till i get on the bus at GPC and head up to camp. When it's the night before camp, I can never go to sleep because i'm so excited to see all my best friends again.

I talk about my time at my summer place, Camp Barney Medintz. I just talk about what i do there and me being around the best people around.