Cooperstown | Teen Ink

Cooperstown

By HarrisonHall BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia
HarrisonHall BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia

Have you ever traveled out of state to play in a tournament? Our team went up to  Cooperstown, New York when we were twelve. We played teams from all over the U.S. and even a team from Canada. It is a tournament you will never forget. The reason it's something you'll never forget it because the friends, the place it is, and the experience it provides.

We went to Cooperstown, New York with my travel team, Team Demarini. Most of us had been teammates and friends for a really long time, so going to  Cooperstown, New York with eleven of your good friends and teammates was really exciting.

What you have to understand is this is the baseball town everyone wants to go to as a baseball player. The Baseball Hall of Fame is located here. During the tournament, which is a week long, you stay in Barracks with your team. You basically play baseball all day and hang out with your friends. It is a baseball player's dream.

This picture was taken after a big win. We were all really excited. Tom Glavine got in a picture with our team. He is a Hall of Fame pitcher, who pitched for the Braves and won a World Series for them. His son is one of my friends and is on my team.

Cooperstown is one of those places you will always remember. The park itself has eighteen great baseball fields. The week is filled with so many fun and amazing experiences I will remember forever!