Troy | Teen Ink

Troy

December 1, 2015
By leokrasnikov BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia
leokrasnikov BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Troy”

  There's nothing more exciting than bringing back a puppy that will grow up to be a loyal best friend. The day finally came, my puppy turned 8 weeks old and he was ready for our family. I had pictures of him from his birth all the way up to the 8 week mark. The lady was nice enough to either take a short video or a picture every week to show how much he grew. Overall those 8 weeks were the longest of my life.


   We did not originally plan to get a puppy because I had allergic reactions to dogs’ fur. But last summer we found a dog, it just so happened to be the same breed, and we took it in because it had no leash. We kept it for a week or so while my mom was trying to find the owner. We liked him so much that next summer we decided to get my first puppy. I don't think I was ever that excited as I was during that day.


  It was a hot, humid and a very unpleasant day in June, but I did not care much. From all the hype that the puppy gave me, I did not care if it was 120 degrees or -10. While we were driving for 6 hours it gave us plenty of time to decide what we were going to name him. There were so many names running through my head like Jason, Jake, Trey. My mother and I actually argued, but then both agreed to name him “Troy”. We decided to name him “Troy” because of the pictures and videos that the lady sent us, he seemed very adventurous and fearsome.


   After the longest 6 hours the wait was over! As we drove up the old lady's driveway in the middle of nowhere, we heard faint barks in the distance. We drove up to the house and were appalled by how many dogs were there.There were a lot of adult dogs and some puppies here and there, any color you want from gray to brown to dirty blonde you name it!


   Since these dogs are guard dogs they all ran up to the fence barking keeping us away from the house. The only one who did not run up was Troy. It was like a sign. He was in the back of the group sitting on his little butt drinking water and panting.


   Driving back felt nothing like 6 hours because I knew from that day on, I will have a best friend for a long time, helping me through the tough times. We finally came home, played till he passed out and I went to bed myself.


The author's comments:

In class we had an assignment to write about a picture and since I had a lot of pictures from when he was a puppy, I wrote about him.