An artists dream | Teen Ink

An artists dream

I realized that I wanted to be an artist when I was in junior high.

My mother dragged me and my siblings to a Christmas party little did I know that would change my childhood dream of being a veterinarian into something completely different,when we arrived to the Christmas party there were kids running around screaming “let it go” from the newest Disney movie Frozen. I always thought I would have been pretty cool to make those kinds of movies but I always dismissed it as impossible because I had know idea that was an option to take. I had know idea I didn't have to be a doctor,dentist,teacher or a police officer because that what all anyone ever said they wanted to be.

“So what do you like to do for fun? your mother told me that you like to draw.”

“ah yeah I like to draw a little..”I replied.

“oh! well i’m an artist myself!”

My uncle helped me realized this when he told me the story of his success. My uncle works for little tikes,He designs toys for a living and he told me he couldn't be happier he told me it was a lot of work but it was so worth it.

In the very room that I had made this decision was not very impressive,The walls were beige with the paint peeling slightly off them,a small wooden table sat in the middle of the old room,holiday theme place mats and candles decorated it. Me at one end of the table my uncle at the other,I listen intently hanging on every word of advice he gave me. Becoming an artist seemed like the best option for me,since it's what made me the happiest. So I'm going to do what ever it takes to achieve my dream.