My First | Teen Ink

My First

By JillPippins BRONZE, South Riding, Virginia
JillPippins BRONZE, South Riding, Virginia

I had waken up. My body was laying on a thin wool blanket overtop of a wooden floor as if someone had attempted to make me feel cozy, but failed miserably. My eyes were groggy and all I could hear were the muffled noises of people speaking in the background. A man wearing a dark blue uniform leaned down and began speaking to me and said, “Jillian, Jillian, can you hear me?” I had no idea how this man knew my name, but I was too out of it and abnormally lightheaded to ask questions. I then responded with a stuttering “Y-ye-yes”.

He then started talking for about four minutes straight, but I didn’t even know who this man was. He wasn’t my dad, uncle, or even a family friend. I was in a complete daze until I heard him say “seizure”. Then it all came clear to me, I had had my first ever seizure.

I hope this gives people a somewhat understanding about what goes through the mind of someone who had just had a seizure. Rather than them just thinking it was a temporary shaking attack, it is much more.

on Oct. 15 2015 at 11:14 am
ChristinaTerrazas GOLD, Chantilly, Virginia

-"Do you mind if I smoke?"
-"I don't care if you burn."

It's is really good.