Remembering Sandy Hook | Teen Ink

Remembering Sandy Hook

By ChandlerW.Ducker SILVER, Easley, South Carolina
ChandlerW.Ducker SILVER, Easley, South Carolina

all your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them
("Walt Disney")

Remembering Sandy Hook and other violent crimes.

It was a normal day that morning no one knew the horrible events that would take place later that day. People eating their breakfast saying goodbye and I love you to their parents. some may not have said I love you as they got dropped off at school by bus or car or they walked. Everyone wishes they knew what happened later that day. Everyone wishes we had a rewind button and a future button where we could flash to the future to see what we can do different that day. Sadly we can’t and that’s just life that morning at sandy hook elementary school in Newtown Connecticut a shooter entered through a window and shot children, teachers and the vice principal. One teacher was brave and put her kids in cabinets and cubby’s and told the gunman that her children were in the gym and then he shot her and left. That is one brave teacher she saved those children’s life. She risked her life for theirs that is one awesome teacher. those are the kinds of teachers we need a teacher that would do anything for you to keep you safe. Another teacher took her children into the classroom bathroom and locked the door and put a cabinet in front of the door. All the children and the teacher survived. her fast thinking saved those children’s lives she could have thought of a different plan but she really cared for the children that were in her classroom and that is a great feeling to know some teachers will go above and beyond for your students. We learned the shooter before he came to the school went to his house and killed his mother who was employed by sandy hook elementary school. We also found out that he was mentally insane. mentally insane or not you do not harm kids and you do not use an excuse to kill innocent children and that still had a wonderful life ahead of them.

My heart goes out to all the families that lost a loved one and pray that you will find peace through the storm your children will always be remembered and never forgotten.

Some people started to believe that the sandy hook shooting was a hoax I hardly believed that was true because I met someone from Connecticut Who’s moms best friend lost her daughter most of these tragedies are not fake an example is someone thought that the Virginia shooting on live television was a gun violence control act hoax but again it  wasn’t, a  family member of mine lost a very good friend of hers it was the cameraman when you try to say something is a hoax your only hurting the families of the deceased because they know there child/family member is dead and you are just adding to the pressure before you make an accusation get the facts get the evidence if you don’t know what you are talking about don’t say anything at all until you know the whole situation and story you are just stirring up loads of trouble for yourself and the families.

There have been many Mass Murders and they make everyone around the world sad lets stand with the families and everyone that is hurt by all the sadness in the world and make the world a better place let’s stop violence all the around the world one step at a time it might take a really long time but I feel we can decrease the numbers a little bit.

Remembering Sandy Hook And Other Violent Shootings.