Memories | Teen Ink

Memories

April 21, 2015
By CharlieV50 SILVER, Waukesha, Wisconsin
CharlieV50 SILVER, Waukesha, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

It is not ten years of family generations; it is over a centennial of generations. Pewaukee Yacht Club, started in 1896, located on Pewaukee Lake, is my home away from home.When I am not working in the summer, I am at the Yacht Club. I was born and raised on Pewaukee Lake, and I started sailing at the age of seven. Having grown up on the lake, my family has met friends that will sail through life with us until the day we die.

Waking up five days a week for sailing school with my best friends has created the best memories I will have from my childhood. Moving up to sail my own X-boat (16 ft.), is quite an adrenaline rush when I am in control of every movement. My summer going into sixth grade, my family invested in an E-boat (28 ft.) where all five us sailed on the boat. I had the best rides of my life on that E-boat, getting up to thirty miles per hour on a windy day.

These sailing memories are tied back to the Yacht Club, where it all started. Every year almost every member of the Yacht Club for join together for the fourth of the July, where we play games all night. There is one game that everyone knows– balloon toss. There is such a positive feeling when walking through the doors of my other home, and that is why it is the greatest treasure in Waukesha.