Treasure of Waukesha County | Teen Ink

Treasure of Waukesha County

April 28, 2015
By JaylenMc21 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
JaylenMc21 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Growing up in Hartland was an enjoyable experience.  I lived close to friends and I was able to walk to school and local parks nearby.  It was time for us to move out though, and my mom decided to live in a place in Pewaukee.  It was difficult at first, because I was so used to being around friends and walking to school, but it was a whole new experience.  
Moving into my new home, gave my brother and I more one on one time with each other.  Since we weren’t surrounded by friends as much as we used to be, we had to find activities that could entertain ourselves.  We often liked to visit Pewaukee beach.  The beach and the stores that surrounded it are what made our childhood enjoyable and treasurable again.   
Our favorite shop to go to was the Chocolate Factory.  We would always ask our mom for money so that we could purchase our vanilla and chocolate cones.  In order to get to the shop, we would bike.  Biking helped us get familiar with the village of Pewaukee and it gave us some exercise along the way. 
After we ordered our cones, we would walk our bikes across the street and sit on the benches placed on the beach.  We started to lick our ice cream faster and faster as it started to melt.  And as the sun kissed the lake, we would bike back home before it got dark.