What I Love | Teen Ink

What I Love

March 24, 2015
By Vicky_Lou BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Vicky_Lou BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You don't have to follow the crowd, or do what other people tell you to. You just have to be YOU.


What I truly love really is not a what; it’s who. He is whom I love the most. He is my other half of almost two years now, though we have been friends for nearly four. His shy smile, cropped short blonde hair, and his piercing blue eyes draw me in. Though he constantly wears sweatpants and old sports hoodies he looks perfect to me. The way that his face scrunches up when he starts to laugh and how his goofy being always cheers me up when I’m at my lowest. He is my shoulder to cry on, my best friend, and my whole world. He can make me happy anytime of the day just by smiling at me. The scarred and somewhat crooked expression of his never ceases to make me fall for him even harder.  No matter how cliché it sounds he makes me an exceedingly better human being. Before we met I was in a very bad place and I was not sure at all if I would be able to get my life back together, but he has shown me that I can. Not only that but he is always by my side. It doesn’t matter what either of us are going through at the moment, if something happens, we are there for each other.  It doesn’t matter the situation because looking up and seeing that he is there for me too makes it all the more worth it. I would try my hardest to give him the world on a platter if that were what he needed. My high school years would never have been the same without him. I would still be that fragile and broken young girl, but he has made me a stronger person. That is why I love him so much.


The author's comments:

We were told to write about something we love for English. I was originally going to write it about food, but when I found that most of the other people in my class chose that subject I was forced to change my topic. My significant other was not disappointed.