This is Me...This is My Life | Teen Ink

This is Me...This is My Life

By KatelynNacole SILVER, Sevier, Utah
KatelynNacole SILVER, Sevier, Utah

"Live your dream and never wake up." -Liam Payne

I am from the beach. I am from a neighborhood where you always help someone when they are down, where weekends are spent soaking up the sun and building sandcastles. I am from the sound of waves crashing and seagulls chirping, where the smell of saltwater is everywhere, sand is the landscape, and "Hey Y'all" is a staple. I am from a sense of feeling safe. I am from a town with endless things to do and see, and a new group of tourists that arrive each weekend.

I am from southern cooking, where people don’t count calories, they just eat what they want. A place where families get together for Thanksgiving and everyone brings something to share. A place where sweet tea and barbeque are on every street corner.

I am from encouragement and knowing that “doing my personal best” was all that was expected. I am from a house where “finding yourself” was key.

I am from a spirited family where everyone’s different personalities make for some interesting “get togethers.” Get togethers where, though not everyone agrees, they listen to everyone's opinion anyway and show respect for each person they came in contact with.

I am from a family where education is everything and is the key to the future, where getting good grades is your “paycheck.” I am from a family that knows the benefits of college and what doors is can open for you. I am from a household that tells me I can do anything I want to do, no matter what the world throws at me.

I am from encouragers that will do anything to secure my future, to make sure that I am equipped with the tools that I will need to complete this journey that is life. I am from a mom who made sure to instill a faith in God in me at a young age, from a dad who taught me the value of hard work. I am a granddaughter with a grandma who can make me laugh whenever things get tough. I am a daughter of parents who want the best for me and a daughter of God who wants the same exact thing.