Johnny | Teen Ink

Johnny

By MorganShan BRONZE, BINGHAMTON, New York
MorganShan BRONZE, BINGHAMTON, New York

"The ugly and the stupid have the best of it in this world. They can sit at their ease and gape at play. If they know nothing of victory, they are at least spared the knowledge of defeat." -Oscar Wilde

As I looked at you laughing I couldn't even put what I felt into words. It was so beautiful and whatever it was I felt it so deeply; so hard.  It scared the s*** out of me honestly. I know I've been so quiet and low key these past  days but I can’t help it. As much as I love being with you there is always fear that scratches up my spine. My insides burn with words I just can’t put together that I want to say to you. And it seems like when I can I’ll go to say it the words can’t roll off my tongue. I’m speechless. Sometimes I sit and wonder for hours what my life would be like right now if I never met you.  I tried so hard to not let you in but you really broke down my walls. I love you a lot but sometimes I wish I would of fought a little harder to keep you out. Not because I don’t want you around because I want you around more than anything. I miss you every time you leave. But because you have the untouchable privilege to break my heart. I don’t know how to feel about that. My feelings go all over the place when you’re around. Anxious because I feel like nothing I could ever do would be good enough for you nothing will meet the standards you have for people even though I try immensely hard. Sad because I feel like you are wasting your time on me because I’ll never amount to anything but a reject who can confide in nothing but pen and paper. Happy because I know you have a million other place to be but instead you’re next to me.Happy because when you smile at me I stop drawing a blank . Happy because I’m with the only person who has been able motivate me to do anything besides not get out of bed for days at a time. Everything I feel will forever be precious sincerity because when I feel something I feel it raw down to my bone marrow. That is really the only way to explain it. 

AustinR BRONZE said...
on Jan. 15 2015 at 8:07 am
AustinR BRONZE, Miami, Florida
Oh my god, this is far to accurate as to how I feel with my best friend. The raw and true emotion you wrote is so beautiful. You write magnificently, I look forward to anything else you write.

bubles said...
on Jan. 14 2015 at 4:08 am
This is exactly my life right now