Blind sided | Teen Ink

Blind sided

By ChoiBoi BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
ChoiBoi BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Don't quit no matter what someone says, or does always follow your dreams.

“Oh my God!! Oh my God!! are you okay?” the lady screamed in panic.
For a good ten seconds, everything was blurry and I couldn't breathe. I slowly got up and realized what had just happened: I just got hit by a car. Oh man my parents are going to kill me! Adrenaline ran throughout my body and I took off.
      Before all this happened, I was swimming laps trying to get in shape. I got out of the pool feeling like I just ran a marathon. I was exhausted, But I wasn't quite ready to go home yet. My friend Kenny called me “Hey John do you want to come over?”
    “Yeah but it will be a little bit I have to walk”. I replied
I made my way to the main road. Just inches away from the road I could hear the cars flying by. I looked to my right and saw an old white SUV making its way towards me. If I run I can make it. I started to cross the road. Oh Know!!! I forgot to look both sides before crossing. I turned my head left and all I saw was red. The car had sent me flying back and before I knew it I was laying on the grass. I slowly got up wheezing. After a few good puffs I caught my breath. Oh man! My parents are going to kill me. I have to get out of here. I got up onto my feet surprising  the lady who hit me and all the bystanders who saw what happened and took off. Adrenaline was running all throughout my body. I was making my way back home until I looked down and saw a chunk of my flesh missing from my leg. Oh my GOD!!! I can't let my parents see this. They’re going to freak out. I was freaking out.  When I looked up I saw a lady pull over onto the side of the road. She rolled down her window and pleaded.[c2]
      “Are you okay? You need to get back there you just got hit by a car”.
      “No I can’t! I’m going to get in so much trouble”. I replied in terror.
      “Well if you don’t go back you're going to get in more trouble. There is a ton of police and an ambulance back there”.
I took a deep breath “Okay I’m going back”.
I slowly walked back to where I got hit. I was overwhelmed when I saw all the police cars. A police officer came towards me describing what I was wearing into the walkie talkie. She directed me towards the ambulance where the medics helped me onto it and patched up all my wounds. She didn’t leave until I gave the medic my dad’s phone number. My life is over. I will never be able to leave the house ever again. My mouth was dry and I was dying for some water. I saw a plastic bag with water in. I asked
       “Can I drink that water over there?”
They all chuckled “No you don’t want drink that. Why are you thirsty?” the medic replied.
No I’m not thirsty I just ran half a mile with a piece of my leg missing. No of course I’m thirsty! I simply replied “yes”. 
When my dad came the first thing he told me was “I’m not mad at you”. It literally felt like an elephant has just got off my back. I was finally able to relax. The medic told my dad that he had to take me the emergency room because I needed stitches for my leg. After going to the ER it turned out I didn’t need stitches. On the way back home my dad stared straight into my eyes and said
     “You should have seen that car the whole right side is wrecked. You are so lucky you’re okay.     God sent an angel to protect you”.
      This may sound ridiculous, but I’m so thankful that I was hit by the car that hit me. Looking back I realized if the car that hit me hadn’t hit me then the car on the other side making its way towards me which was a big SUV would have hit me. And who know what may have happen to me. Thankfully the car that had hit me was a small sedan. I learned that God is always keeping a protective watch over me and he will always lead me into the right direction.