Day of Adventure | Teen Ink

Day of Adventure

October 28, 2014
By MakinStacks123 BRONZE, Albion, Michigan
MakinStacks123 BRONZE, Albion, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Blah blah blah


Jakob, Morgan, and I are driving down the highway heading towards Canton, Michigan. We have the music blasting and we were laughing about everything. I knew today was going to be a good day. The plan was to go to Skyzone, a place where the walls and floor are covered with trampolines. There are basketball hoops where you can dunk, a foam pit, and a dodge ball arena. Our mission for the day was to dominate in dodge ball.
After an hour of driving we finally get there. We decide to buy the most expensive ticket which is two hours of jump time and we are now ready to start. But first we stretch so that we won’t be sore afterwards. We then go to the main floor and begin to jump on the trampolines. These trampolines are not just regular trampolines; they are at least twice as bouncy as regular trampolines. We then move onto the basketball hoops where we do 360° and in-between the legs slam dunks.
Now it’s time for dodge ball. We make our way over to the dodge ball arena; there are kids and adults playing. We decide to go to the team with the least amount of people. “3…2…1…DODGEBALL!” was the next thing I heard coming from the referee. Next thing I know a barrage of dodge balls came from the other side of the arena. My adrenalin started to pump and now I was into the game. I began firing dodge balls at my opponents and one by one they were hit. Our group of three was unmatched, we won almost every game. If one of us got out, the others would try their best to catch a ball and get them back in. There was this one game where Morgan whipped the ball on the kid’s right side, causing the kid to move to the left; that was when I threw it to his left side and he was out. We used teamwork to win and we had a lot of fun doing it.
We probably played dodge ball for at least an hour and a half without stopping. By the end of it, all our bodies were so sore and we couldn’t even feel our arms. We leave sky zone and decide to get dinner. We buy two pizzas and breadsticks at Little Caesars, and scarf it all down within fifteen minutes. We hop back in the car and begin to drive back home. After about twenty minutes of driving, I make a wrong turn. Instead of going around Ann Arbor we go straight through it, which wasn’t that big of a deal, but I needed more gas so we stop at a gas station. I pump the gas and Jakob goes inside and buys some jerky. He comes back with this spicy pepper flavor. I ask him to try it; so he rips of a chunk of it for me. I pop it into my mouth and begin chewing. All of a sudden the pepper hits me and I start to cough. My coughing then causes some of the jerky to go into my wind pipe and and I begin to choke. Im coughing like crazy and I can barely breathe! Jakob is laughing, and for some reason, so am I! I finally manage to drink some water and the coughing subsides.
I pull out of the gas station and almost immediately, I see blue and red lights flashing right behind me. I froze, beyond scared, I thought I was getting pulled over. My mom is going to kill me,  I thought to myself. A flood of relief enters my body when I see the person behind me is the one being pulled over.
I continue to drive home; I’m on I-94 just outside of Jackson. I’m exhausted and all I wanted to do is get home and sleep. But something catches my eye; A bright yellow car zooms past us, my eyes get wide and my jaw drops. “It’s a Ferrari!” screams Jakob. We all got so excited to see this super-car driving right in front of us! We try to catch up but it was too fast for my mom’s Ford Escape and we were left in the dust. The rest of the drive home was full of us talking about that car.
We finally get back to my house. It’s seven o’clock, barely even dark outside, and we are ready to go to bed. We stay up only because we don’t want the fun day to be over. We hang out for a while and watch TV. Jakob tells us that he’s thinking about going home and we try convincing him to stay but he is set on leaving. We tell Jakob that he’s going to regret leaving but he doesn’t listen. He gets in his car and drives home.
About fifteen minutes later I get a call from Jakob saying that he hit a pothole and popped his tire. We couldn’t help but laugh, Jacob was even laughing because he remembered that we told him he’d regret leaving. It was like instant karma. We talked on the phone with Jakob for a little bit until the tow truck got there. After hanging up we almost instantly fall asleep and that was the end of our crazy but beyond fun day.


The author's comments:

This piece talks about a fun day i had with friends.