Pre-Game lax | Teen Ink

Pre-Game lax

October 27, 2014
By DavidTaylor1234 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
DavidTaylor1234 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Its was a hot summer day in Maryland this summer, I threw my headphones and the cash cows and I were warming up. As warming up and I could feel the sweat pour down my face as it was almost raining. I could feel my pre-game jitters kick in as the clock was ticking down to game time. I got more nervous as it was almost game time, and then i saw the college coaches setting up chairs on the side lines and my nerves had no emotion I felt more focused and game ready. “BUZZZZ!” The team all gather around coach, hoping for the pre-game speech but he only said a few words “This is our game, lets go bring in the W. He yelled. Then I broke down the team “ 1,2,3 COWS!”. I rushed onto the field, with my nerves kicking in a little again. The refs were ready to start the game, and as scott went down for the faceoff I cheered him on,yelling as loud as i could. “ whistle noise” and like that the heat had the ball, the kid runing reminded me of a scared gazelle running from a deadly predator. It was one of the fastest kids i have ever seen. As he ran into the box I knew he was gonna shoot and i was ready. When he came close enough to the net he took his shot and i had a big save and my I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins like water in a pipe and knew it was going to be a good game.