Disobedience Leads To Trouble | Teen Ink

Disobedience Leads To Trouble

October 18, 2014
By Sally15 BRONZE, Battle Ground, Washington
Sally15 BRONZE, Battle Ground, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever had that time in your life when you thought you could disobey your parents and live life the way you wish and everything will be all good? I’m sure most people have, and still do live that way. For those who still do that, it is time to change and obey your parents, because if you choose not to, your life will have a lot of  trouble and maybe even a tragic ending.
One hot summer day when my nephew and I were looking for something to do while our parents were going to be gone, we decided to go fishing in the pond that’s on our property. While my 10 year old nephew,Ruben that loves to fish, went to dig out some worms for the bait, I went to get the fishing rods.
When I was out looking for the rods, my mom finds me and said,“Don’t go to the pond. It’s too dangerous for you kids to be out there alone, and keep an eye on the kids.”  I didn't reply; I just turned  away, took the rods, and went to meet my nephews at the muddy pond with ducks swimming in it.
When I got there we got straight on to hooking the worms on the rods and casting them in to the water. Just then my nephew Ruben that looks like a cowboy, yells to me, “I got a fish already!” 
“Okay, come over here, and I will unhook it for you!” I replied. I took the fish and pulled the hook out of its mouth and threw it in the bucket of water. After that I replaced the worm on his hook and reached down into the water to wash my hands. Suddenly I felt something sharp cut into the top of my head.
“Ow!” I said as I lifted my head to see who did that.
“Sorry” says my nephew Ruben, “I was casting my rod and the hook got stuck in your head.”  At first I couldn’t understand how in the world could that happen? Then I realized I was lifting up from washing my hands and just then he casted his rod and the hook got stuck in my head. I started to panic,            “What’s gonna happen to me now? How am I gonna get it out? It hurts really bad!” He tried to help me but I wouldn't let him. I told him he would make it worse. I started heading towards the house remembering my mom’s words.
  I got there just in time to see my nineteen year old brother Serge, coming from work, he looked at me holding my head with one hand and asked“What’s wrong?”
“I’m hurt!”
“Let me see. Well you have a tri-hook stuck pretty deep in there.”
“Oh no!” I say. “How do I get it out?” Right then and there he took something in his hand.  I did not even get to see what it was, all I felt was him wiggling it. Soon he says “All done.”
“What? what did you do?”
“I cut it out of there. Now go lay down and take a nap before “our” parents come,” he said.
About an hour later my mom came to me and asked, “What happened?” I told her the story from the beginning.
“That’s what happens when you don’t obey your parents,” she added. From that day on, I never disobeyed my parents.
Disobedience will lead you to trouble as it did to me. This story could have had a better ending If I would’ve obeyed my mom. As for me I have learned my lesson, but there are so many people that don’t obey, If you are one of them, I hope my experience of disobeying my parents encourages you to change your life.