My First Computer | Teen Ink

My First Computer

October 22, 2014
By Anonymous

It was a regular x-mas morning. I got up at six o'clock and got on my PS2. A few hours later my sister woke up, she dashed down the stairs to the Christmas tree and yelled presents. At this point I was working on eating a bowl of cereal. By the time I had finished my bowl of cereal my sister had woken the parents up, and got them downstairs. It was time to start opening presents.

 

I went to the living room and sat down. When the parents sat down I was ready to start pulling presents out from under the tree. My dad sat next to me and asked me "why are you sitting over here?" I replied with " I want to help pull the presents out from  under the tree".

 

I started to grab the presents out from under the tree. The first present went to my dog Demon, he got a box full of treats, and a few toys. Some time passed and I was getting the last present out from under the tree. I don't know why but for some reason the largest one of the packaged items was in the back. When I finally got the present away from the tree. I looked at it and to my surprise it had my name on it.

 

Once I got the large present into my fortified wall of presents, we started to open all of the presents even my dog Demon started to rip open his presents. I went straight for the largest one, although sadly my step mom decided that it would be funny to wrap the box in box tape, then in duct tape, then in wrapping paper. I truly think that she forgot about the new pocket knife that my dad bought me. I ran upstairs to my room grabbed the knife went downstairs and cut open the box. Oddly there was a smaller box inside the large box. I pulled the small box out and asked my dad "don't you need a computer to run a printer" my dad just said " open it". When I did there it was a computer. My first computer.