I miss you | Teen Ink

I miss you

By Kaylee7 BRONZE, Cadillac, Michigan
Kaylee7 BRONZE, Cadillac, Michigan

She was my best friend; the one i could tell anything to. Always by my side, always there. My mom used to be everything; I miss those days.
July 1st, 2013 was the day my mom left my step dad. My mom,  little brother and I all packed up our stuff and moved into a trailer in Cadillac. I wasn't mad for my mom leaving John,  I understood that she didn't love him anymore. I was honestly kind of excited to move out, thats before i knew how much my life would actually change.
For the first few months my mom and I were fine; nothing had changed between us. Until the moment she became close with her uncle.  It started with her smoking again and then on to her drinking a lot. I wasn't real happy about her smoking, but was helpless. Eventually it got really annoying, it started to feel like she didn’t care as much.
I went from seeing my mom everyday, to not seeing her for a whole week at a time. I didn’t like it at all; it didn’t seem to bother my mom very much though. She had no kids and could do whatever she pleased to.
As my mom and Uncle Warner grew close, my mom and I grew further apart. My mom has found a new best friend. As much as I hate to admit i am extremely jealous of my Uncle Warner.
I’m jealous that he's always the one she wants to hangout with now.
I’m jealous of how she just just tells him everything, when she used to tell me.
I’m jealous that he gets to see my mom more than I get to see her. I like my Uncle Warner but yet i still despise him for he has a better relationship with her than i do now.
Whenever i try telling my mom how I feel she just shuts me down; she says that she loves us more.
Actions speak louder than words.
My mom can go from being in a terrible mood, to super happy and laughing all the time as soon as my Uncle gets there. I’m glad my mom found someone she's close with. I just wish it was me.