Sometimes Things Go a Little Crooked | Teen Ink

Sometimes Things Go a Little Crooked

By torilynn2013 SILVER, Franklinton, Louisiana
torilynn2013 SILVER, Franklinton, Louisiana

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. --Harvey Fierstein

Defining one’s self can be one of the hardest things to do in an essay. I find it incredibly difficult, especially because I know many of my friends do not see me as I see me. However, I try my hardest to find a happy medium when it comes to assignments like this. I have always considered some shade of green to be my favorite color. Green is a medium color, it is not too bright, and it is not too dark, much like my personality. Much like the shape of the words on my artwork, I like my life to flow smoothly, but sometimes that does not work out the way I would like; sometimes things go a little crooked.
As so many people know, I am a power hungry control freak who is in constant pursuit of perfection. I expect this perfection to be almost instantaneous, for I am very impatient. All the work I do has to maintain a certain level of quality, a level I determine on a case by case basis. I do not waste my time. Time is precious. Multitasking is my livelihood. When I am in a hurry, I am in a hurry. When I am not in a hurry, I am not in a hurry. Some things are not worth rushing through, while others are. I think my actions through; however, I do not always make the obvious best decision. Being “real” and always saying what I think of people and their actions is important to me. My friends rely on me for the absolute truth, no matter what. Almost everything I do in my daily life is scheduled. My schedules form habits that prove hard to break. When my schedule is interrupted, I become uneasy.

My friends are my heart. I would do anything for any of them. I never lose friends, I only gain. I fight for what I believe in, and I am passionate about my beliefs. I believe I should be living every moment to the fullest, which is cheesy, but true. My acting skills are superb; however, they are far from traditional. I am the greatest when it comes to masking my real feelings; disguising my feelings could be considered one of my very few hobbies. I am a complicated person. I find myself making some situations more complicated than they have to be. I long for the ability to make everything go smoothly. I just cannot seem to handle a problem without freaking out on the inside.

Aside from the emotional aspects of myself, there are some physical things that set me apart from other people. I have a highly sensitive sense of smell. Throughout my life, I have had to deal with a tremendous amount of physical pain. Needless to say, a paper cut is not the end of the world for me. My hair defines me and serves as my security blanket. I consider myself the best overall listener of all my friends. I find myself repeating things for them on a daily basis. Some people might be easily annoyed by something like that, but I like having some kind of purpose. I get joy from teaching or helping people. I feel like I have made a difference in someone else’s life and I am needed. I like to feel needed.