She's Gone | Teen Ink

She's Gone

She never came home always lying, stealing and cops coming to our house looking for her, her name is Jody or my mom. Everyone has memories with their mom whether they are good or bad ones and so do I, but they aren't all good one actually most of them are bad memories I have very few good memories with my mom, and some people joke about me not having a mom, but I don't care cause I have the best dad ever.

Moms are suppose to be there for you my mom wants, they are supposed to care for you my mom doesn't. Moms are suppose to give you money not steal it from you or “BORROW” money. My mom is the exact opposite from a normal mom or a mom that doesn't do all that.
One of the very first memories I was with my mom is, she was so drunk and she came home, then next thing I saw was the cops in my kitchen and my mom screaming then she tried to walk and fell over and broke her bedroom door. But I thought that was normal because thats what she was like all the time drunk and didn't know what was happening that happened a lot.

Then she wasn't coming home a lot more and she started to get in trouble and got put in jail a couple of times, so then I had to live with my aunt and uncle I was only two or three so I don't really remember living with them. When my mom got out of jail she went right back to doing drugs. She ruined our family and I was never going to be the same. She didn't want anything to do with us.

Jody would always drop me and my siblings off at the baby sister, she is basically our sister now. Cause my dad was a truck driver and wasn't home all the time. When we would go to the babysitter she would go to red wing to go “shopping” and get high and get drunk but she never told us that and she would not come home that night either. Then we moved too Zumbrota and it would be closer to go to Rochester to go shopping, but every weekend she would still go to Red wing and still continue to get high thats all she had time for.

Another memory I had with my mom was when we moved to Zumbrota and and she went to Red wing to go “shopping” or getting high and drunk and she didn't come home for two days and then we went looking for her and our truck it was at a bar in Red Wing and she was in the bar and was wasted out of her mind. We had to call the cops and we got our tuck then left her in Red wing, with her drugs. That counties on then one day she got into a fight then she let someone borrow her car, but it actually got stolen by her drug friends. Then me and my dad where spending threw Red Wing chasing the car and one guy jumped out of it while it was still moving. That was really scary, but thats the kind liked to do that stuff to us.

She would always be stealing and robbing people. She even stole from her own family really who does that its your family just ask we wouldn't have giving it to her tho. Our own house in Zumbrota got robbed three time and it was her drug friends and they would pawn everything off and she would get some of that money for drugs and for alcohol. We would call the police a lot because of her and she went to jail a lot, she tried running away from everything that didn't work.

She's gone, she said she was coming back but she still hasn't and I am kinda happy. For all I know is that she said that she was going to Las Vegas to see her family but, she had another kid. I think that she has been back to Minnesota and I heard she was in jail so I looked her up and there she was in jail then she went back down to Las Vegans. She still does drugs and she had gotten jumped and stabbed down there and I haven't talked to her since.

There is at least one good thing I can remember about my mom and thats when she would take me and my sibling to a water park. We would always go out to eat after that at the little restaurant I don't remember where it at tho and that one time that I wanted to call her my mom and mean it. I really wish she would have done that a lot more cause then maybe life would be this way, but I guess she didn't want it that way and at least I can say I have the best dad ever.

Jody or my mom has hurt my whole family and she lost all trust and responsibility with me. There are very few good memories I had with her and I wish there would have been more, but I guess she thought stealing and doing drugs was a better thing to do. I will never be able to look at her or talk to her the same knowing the way she treated me what she has done and what she is continuing to do. There are a lot of conscience of doing drugs like going jail and losing friends so don't do them.