Friends of the Average Joe | Teen Ink

Friends of the Average Joe

By NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois
NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois

Like Moves On
Things Happen
I am my shadow self

Like my great friendships, such as George and Lennie from Of Mice & Men by John Steinbeck. My friendships come and go as quickly as the sun. Their are the few that manage to last as long as the night time. The many friends I have gained over the years change with many things. Things such as drama, relationships, and just other friends in general add to the mix of problems that seem too enchant my friends.

Many of my friends have decided to change their ways with the following ideas and social cliques. Many of us have been selected to certain groups, all the jocks hang with the sports players, same with the emos, skaters, and nerds. Think of it like a basic story of the many friends you have. Everyone splits up after a short or long period of time. We split up like a fork in the road. The ones who remain true to me have stayed through the good and the bad and just remained there along side with me. Sure we have had our share of ups and downs, but all through the pity fights and squirms we prosper.
Theses guys I can and consider my brothers Nate, Tyler, Cory and Dontae. We have been through so much stuff together with everything from break ups to fights about the stupids things in our lives. I am certainly glad that I can call them my friends. Now with this dysfunctionally unstable family we have going here, you can guess that not everything goes the way it should. We have our fights over girls mostly who has had the most problems with the ex’s of another guys girlfriend or just something as simple how to pronounce a word. It isnt exactly what you call a big happy family either.

It may be like fighting with my mother, but aside from all the bad times we have had plenty of good times as well. Many of these great times happen while we are out eating at Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings, all these events and great times became available when we all received our licences. I know what you're thinking, It’s not a great idea to give us a car and a amount of money to go do stuff in a big town like Bloomington-Normal, but you don’t know us.

Welcome to the clan of the misfits, jocks, and just plain normal guys that the school made happen. Welcome to our clique I promise you won't be disappointed.

My English class had just finished reading Of Mice & Men and I was compelled to write this paper about my friends and how they compare to Lennie and Geroge. If you have never read the book I highly recommend that you do its a good read and you won't be disappointed.