As the months go bye

June
I was happy to leave, I was leaving soon for Trois Rivières in a couple days. I would spend three weeks without any parents fighting or fathers saying "Don't make your mother angry". Afterwards, I would be going to Ottawa and Parry Sound for the rest of the summer. When I left, I didn't even know when or how I would be going back. The feeling of leaving felt good.

July
The freedom was amazing. There was no arguments.

August
Now I know what a real family feels like. Dinners, conversations, no yelling. It felt like a dream I didn't want to part from. A reality away from mine. The end of August came too soon.

September
At the beginning, it was good. Dad wasn't home from driving yet. Towards the middle of the month, the Third World War started again. This time, I was the target. You couldn't say in a minute to anything or you were called something. I felt the need to close myself in even more.

October
Dad always took Mom's side, even when she was wrong. It felt frustration to see all my efforts go to waste. My grades weren't high to make them proud, but to get good scholarships to get out of there. Found a new friend, it helped a. It with the pain of being alone.

November
Dad doesn't want to leave again, he's scarred of what my mother would do to me. I hate my job, it's in construction, but I'm forced to do it. I can't wait for the snow to come and frost the world.

December
During the week before break, both sides were firing. I was the innocent bystander that was blamed for not doing enough, for not being the best, even when I was. Hateful words were shot, Christmas gifts were thrown. I went to hide out at grandparents, scarred for the break to end.

January
Silence. Hate. Fear. All at once. It was an avalanche, coming down all at once. I cracked, I can't handle it, I stuffocated...

Rosestoashes said...
Feb. 16 at 10:04 pm:
Love your writing! I find this piece really moving. I hope it gets better at home. Keep writing such beautiful and touching pieces, I see that you really got talent.

ecma27This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 10 at 2:58 pm :
Thank you. It helps to write.