If DNA didn't exist | Teen Ink

If DNA didn't exist

February 5, 2014
By Rose1313 GOLD, Easley, South Carolina
Rose1313 GOLD, Easley, South Carolina
14 articles 2 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
I rather die being who I am,then to live on life being who I'm not


My family is crazy and my life isn’t normal but all I can do is be human. If it wasn’t for scientist discovering DNA you wouldn't have believed I’m in any way shape or form related to my family. In other words the monkeys I live with because humans don’t act like that. Even though they are related to me I’m nothing likes them. In fact I've been told I’m more mature than my mother. “You’re like the mother and she’s like the daughter” someone told me once. In my eyes, my mom is a stranger to me. She only talks to me when she needs something from me like money or if it’s an emergency. She didn't even say “Merry Christmas” to me this year so I’m not counting on my birthday or any other holidays. Funny, how she has the time to play candy crush on Facebook and gossip to my dad every now and then about what’s going on in her life. But she can’t bother to ask how I’m doing. I’m starting to not even bother with her anymore. In fact she’s starting to become a faint distant memory to me that I can’t recall. My dad however he’s a different story, he actually tries to take her side. Well at lest he used to. Now he takes mine. They have been divorced since I was one and 14 years of which she pushed him out of my life too. 15 years of growing up not knowing who he is or where he is. Not being able to say “Happy Birthday dad”, “I love you daddy” or “Happy Father’s day”. She wouldn't tell me anything no matter how many times I asked. Though she did tell me one thing was that I was a daddy’s girl from the start. Which makes me to believe, that she was jealous so she kept me from him. Which didn't do any good ,because I grew up hating her. I mean look at me now I despise her like nails on a chalkboard. My dad tries to tell me to forgive her but why should I it’s not like she even talking to me anyways so what differences does it really make? She said I was the worst daughter ever, she never apologized, so why should I? Stuff like that can stick with a kid head for a while and they don’t forget it. She’s the reason why I had to do flip flops with my emotions. She’s the reason why I've been to so many schools but she’s the reason why I've became so strong to hold myself up right. Doesn't mean I forgive her just saying everything happens for a reason.