Surfacing

Why are we always trying to find ourselves? Wasting away countless hours, digging and soul searching, finding nothing but broken dreams and disappointment among shards of broken glass, we weren’t made for that. It’s a form of damnation you know, “finding ourselves,” stuck inside our own heads, too oblivious to the progress taking place outside of our egos. I guess I found this out a bit late, already having wasted the glory days of junior high trying to find the perpetually lost object I call myself.

The truth is, you don’t find yourself, your self finds you; when the time is right, it will come and make itself known. You may not notice it at first, but it notices you, it always has, and one day you will look down at your hands and up at the mirror, and then you will smile, because the thing you’ve wasted all your time looking for, was never lost, never missing, never broken- it was just waiting, waiting for the perfect moment to surface, and when it does, you will be complete, complete and immaculate and ready to show society what they’re in for.