Hitting a Man on Halloween | Teen Ink

Hitting a Man on Halloween

January 14, 2014
By Daniela Naranjo BRONZE, Marabolough, Massachusetts
Daniela Naranjo BRONZE, Marabolough, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When I was 9 years old I lived in California. It was Halloween. We were already with our costumes, our candy bags and went street by street asking for candy. I had two bags full of candy already, I asked my mom to give me a third bag, when I got that bag full y was going to ask her for another one but I awaited to have more candy. Then finally we went to a house that looked really scary and in front of it there was a man standing with a knife dressed like Freddy Krueger, he wouldn’t give us candy until each one said Trick or Treat.

My sister passed and said, “Trick or Treat,” and the man gave her candy.
I was shaking, sweating and not moving, when it was my turn.

He was surprised that I didn’t said Trick or Treat so he came closer with his opened red eyes and said to me slowly and whispering, “Say Trick or Treat.”
My heart was beating so fast I thought it will come out. With my hands shaking I grabbed my heavy bag full of candy and with all my strength I threw it to him.

I didn’t stop until my mom screamed, “No!! Stop!!” and grabbed me.
I was really sad because the man scared me, because my mom yelled at me and because all my candy fell on the floor and the other kids took them.