Art in Me

Sometimes we need a sharpener more than an eraser. Aren’t we always constantly wishing for the clock to turn so that we could do things in a different way, so that we could say better goodbyes or turn into better people? Don’t we sometimes wish that we had expanded our horizon and made more effort in everything we did? I think we all are always wishing to erase things and start anew, we look for perfect lives mimicking Picasso on paper, and we know that perfect strokes at one chance is not everyone’s area of expertise, but we are always striving, forever trying for perfection. But sometimes we need a sharpener to chisel our life, to carve our stupidity into experience, to make ourselves better, just like a pencil needs a reality check after a while. Some people, they burst from seams and let themselves combust in order to create a beautiful picture. We sharpen and sharpen until the end and then finally give in. But the pictures never die, they are always there, so it’s important for us to keep drawing.

Bryn.BThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 16 at 12:20 am:
I love this metaphor! So thought driven and thought driving.

IlovemeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 16 at 10:37 am :
Thank you very much Bryn :)