The Future Me | Teen Ink

The Future Me

By Kaylee123 BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
Kaylee123 BRONZE, Ocala, Florida

Smile so much, others do to.

When I look into the future, I see a reliable, divine, and sophisticated woman. One who works toward her goals, and is very successful in life. A clear vision of bravery, open-mindedness, and courage break through my stream of thoughts. The current me, will grow into the wonderful future me, letting nothing get in the way of it.

I come from a middle class family, and we have had our struggles with things. Family is what gets you through things, and past hard situations. They are apart of my past, current, and future, no matter what. They will be with me every step of the way, and they are part of the reason I am who I am. My family has guided me in the right direction, and now it's my time to come through.

From when I was little, to now, has been a big change. Here on out, I've got lot's of things going on, getting accomplished. My family is counting on me, and I won't let them down. My future has a lot to hold, and won't slip away. As long as I stay focused, I will become who I hope to be. Nothing will stop me at this point.

People consider me as "smart", and I never really agreed until the eighth grade. Having these honors classes make me feel like I am on my road to success. I hope to pass all of my final exams, and finish my school year out with a 4.0 GPA. Before being a freshman in high school, during the summer, I will read and prepare myself for the journey in front of my eyes. Who knew high school was so close around the corner?

High school will be a big year for me, as I attend the AICE program. There will be no room for mistakes. Education is a big factor in life, to me. While some are worried about boyfriend problems, or hanging out with friends, I'll be in my room studying, or doing homework. That doesn't mean I have to be a turtle in a shell, it just means I know my limits. Working hard will be my number one goal.

Finishing high school is where my life will go from a typical, academic life, to an extraordinary adventure at The United States Air Force Academy, in Colorado. This path isn't for everyone, but I'm up for the challenge. Long nights, and early mornings are in front of me, calling my name. This is the place I'm going to grow as a woman, and see others grow too.

At The United States Air Force Academy, I'll experience things I never thought I would. At first, It'll be difficult. I'm going to be tired, and at times regret my choices. However, in the end it'll be all worth it. I'll grow up, being able to encourage other people, sharing stories with them everyday.

Going through college, and my years to serve, I'll share a bonding experience with those around me who are all going through the same thing. There we are all equal. Same clothes, food, sleep time, and experience. Through this, I'll be strong, and become even stronger.

When done serving my five years, I can become anything I want. A doctor, police, computer technician, pilot? Anything. That's the great thing about the air force. You can even stay in the air force, as a long living career, if that's what you want. I'll proudly say I've graduated The United States Air Force Academy. I am already itching to start my first year as a cadet.

I dream of being a surgeon after my years in the Air Force. Saving lives is the best part of that job and also takes a lot of determination. That's what I love to do, put smiles on peoples faces. When it comes to saving someones life, I'm down for the job!

When I get older, and settle down, is when I'll start thinking about children and a husband. That would be great if my husband was also in the Air Force, which I want him to. He will have been through the same things I have, and be able to put up with me. My husband will except me for who I am, and we will grow old together with children to raise, and stories to tell.

My future is tomorrow, next week, months from now, and years ahead. I'll go from from ordinary girl, to a woman who has strength, bravery, and courage. The woman I've dreamt of, my whole life, the future me.

A bellringer in my English Honors class inspired me to right this piece. My future is always being mixed up, and changed around, according to what I want to do in life. But I've finally made up my mind. And without having a goal, you'll go nowhere.

on Jan. 8 2014 at 11:31 am
BandGeekAndProud PLATINUM, Burlington, Massachusetts

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein

I love the positive message of this piece in contrast to all the sad stuff out there. Not that that stuff doesn't have merit, and I write a lot of it myself, but it's nice to see someone writing about believing in themself for a change. :)