Skip of Happiness

The sun beamed upon my face, my gaze was locked on the beautiful light it had created, a warm orange that could allow me to be mesmerized by it all day. The heat was agonizing that day. I was travelling as I had participated in a state-level Sanskrit language competition and I was set off for knowing the results.

Panic, Panic! Nothing else run through my mind at that time…being so worried about it, I decided not to think about it at all. I decided to look outside into the beautiful world of nature! Being only seven years old, I saw everything as very innocent as I could have. I suddenly jerked forward and noticed that there was traffic! I clearly remember a situation where I saw a playground and I wanted to completely forget about the prize and just bang open the car door and run towards it!

But I sadly couldn't, so with my innocent detective eyes and ears, I was noticing every single thing I was missing in the park! The sounds of children echoing - stomping and running and laughing! The pulsing squeaking of the teeter-totter went back and forward, and some kids were trying to time their hops from the board to the hymn. I just wanted to skip too!

The car was finally moving forward lazily and in no time we were reached upon the site. As per instructed by the host, kids in front and adults at back, we obeyed. The host gave all of his- everyone’s good but we have to choose; and how tough the decision was speech! I as a child would believe in that so easily…

When the countdown of winners started, he announced the 5th name…it wasn't me. Everyone clapped, and I did too. Appreciation is important even though it’s not for you. The 4th was announced…not me again. I thought the judges just couldn't pronounce my name properly and that’s why I didn't get a prize. I was giving up hope easily…no Chaitali-you did your best, keep hope! Then the 3rd was announced, and I heard him while the competition he was an absolutely deserved guy. He knew stuff as if he was reading it of a book, the minute the judge had asked him to start, and the words just flowed out of his mouth as if he was suffocating by it.

The 2nd named was called…now the only thing I was thinking was, to give my hardest clap for the 1st one as she/he had completely nailed it and deserved it to the core. And then the host said, “Even though it was a hard decision we came up with 1st deserved person, so the state level Sanskrit award goes to ‘Chaitali N’”, and I skipped up and said, they knew how to say my name! Yay!

Sometimes you have to leave the things you love, to receive some things you might love better. I really wanted to skip in that playground I saw, but the skip was much bigger.

j_gosain said...
Jan. 26 at 2:53 pm:
That was brilliance chaitali. You're such a talented writier. Please don't ever stop writing!

ChaitaliThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 15 at 7:35 pm :
Jheel? Omg..thank you! 

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 6:46 pm:
This is wonderful! What a powerful message, and I have to say the last line was my favorite. Keep it up! (:

Jan. 9 at 4:30 pm :
Hi, thanks. Keep following (:

ChaitaliThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 7 at 4:35 pm:
last sentence *this skip was much bigger.*