Birthday Remembrance | Teen Ink

Birthday Remembrance

By camocountrygirl GOLD, Hot Springs, Arkansas
camocountrygirl GOLD, Hot Springs, Arkansas

What goes around goes around!! The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot!!

Its your birthday today you'd be 43, but to those around me this is just another day. I look at the year and day and while my mind travels backwards. To a little over a decade ago and beyond to the years when you were here in flesh and blood by my side. Now all I have are memories and pictures in frames. I could say its not fair even shed a few tears but we both know what good that would do. By the glow of a lamp a page once blank is now half full. As a child I remember the glow of another lamp as a family we sat in our recliners watching reruns of the Golden Girls even back then.To this day I will watch a episode everyone once in a while letting the memories take me back. Words sometimes can't express the ache we feel in our broken hearts or the pain of what we've lost with the passage of time. Its good to remember while hard to forget what we wish not to remember. Hold onto those you love even in death, smile for they will see. Live for they will live with you and love for they will let you know when its true. On this day 24th of September year 2013. I will remember which is all that you hoped not to be forgotten. I will remember it all the good and the bad. The tears, fears all the way up to where goodbye's were spoken for this world, this life.