Becoming a star | Teen Ink

Becoming a star

November 1, 2013
By maree BRONZE, New York, New York
maree BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Everyone has a motive or a dream, and the only thing on your mind is how am I going to achieve this goal? . Well it’s called hard and never giving up. My dream is to become a singer and this all started when I was young. I remember singing when I was little, I used to love listening to shakira (Columbian singer). Just thinking about this flashing memories threw my mind remembering the smile on my ace as try to say the words, cameras flashing as I swirl around it felt amazing. That’s when I knew what I want to be. A star.

I love singing. I do it every day just to feel the adrenaline rush threw me its like a breath of fresh a air, it’s amazing. No one really knew about my talent I basically kept it a secret. The only people who knew about my voice was my two best friends destiny and jaylene. I started to tell some of my friends when I came to my school for 5 grade. I remember meeting hazel and hanging out with her every day, and then one day I decide to tell her my little secret “I can sing” I said .
“Me too” she said. I was so excited and from there on we started to sing all the time. When we reached 6th grade we decide to join the glee club. It was a group our writing teacher (Mr. . . lomas) made up when we were there . I remember walking into the audition room and feeling my heart thump against my chest , the room was so damp , and small. I felt crowd like I couldn’t breathe. Tons of chairs surround me as I walk to the middle of the room. I watched the clock tick as I stare at the piano from the side of my eye .I was so nervous I never sang in front of so many people . My mind was going crazy I didn’t know what to do . I was the last to perform I and sang my heart out and when I turn around he was smiling. “good”. He said and I nodded my head and wait to see who made the team. I made the team i felt so proud of myself, I just song in front of people I hardly knew and I did great!.everyday I came to glee club every Monday and everyday we learned a different techniques it was wonderful I got over my fear of performing and I learned how to do high notes. I was very thank for the day I got in glee club I felt as if I can do anything. Once glee club ended I felt sad but happy at the same time because now I can be free I knew how to fly on my own now. I’m in 7th grade now and im so proud of how my voice change and became better , I would of never done it with out the help of one special teacher Mr. lomas! I never thought I could have been a singer but when I join glee it change my mind set I start to think different about my self . I had more confidents, I had more energy .
Now as I grow older I started to think about my future and I know exactly what I want do for the rest of my life and that is to sing . I already started writing some songs and there coming out great hopefully I can get into a recording studio and see how they sound with back ground music . But if things don’t work out I won’t give up ill keep trying and probably take a break and try something new like modeling, but for now its singing and I’m just going to keep striving for my passion .


The author's comments:
my friends motivated me to write this piece because i was very shy about my sing but when i told them about the glee club they push me to join, and now im becoming a star .