The Blue-Eyed Girl This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By , Tirana, Albania
The sun arose from its sleep, hiding away in the battleship gray clouds. Its faint light shone through my window, signaling me that the night was over. While fighting against sleep, I untangled my eyelashes revealing lifeless bistre eyes. A chill swept through my body as I kicked off the hot covers. Fighting against the sleep, I stood.

“Good morning!” Rashel, my sister, blissfully greeted while smiling.

“Morning,” I kvetched.

I dressed up, brushed my hair, cleaned my face, and went to breakfast, as I did every morning. Dollops of cereals floated around in the splashed white milk. The borborygmus sound of my insides signaled me to eat, but I took the bowl of cereals and through it down the trash.

“We’re leaving!” Rashel yelled.

“Coming!” I yelled back at her. A colorful box of cookies caught my attention, as I picked up my flower-patterned bag.

“Hey!”

And I ran, my head pulsating at the heavy action.

Droplets of rain swayed its way down my face, as I entered the uncanny territory of my high school. I walked past the eccedentesiast teachers saluting with a courteous smile. The negativity flowed through me as I entered the familiar territory of bullyism. It was time to hide from every worry in the world and pretend to be perfect.

“Hey!” I saluted, a fake smile arching through my face.

Ding! and that source of negativity everyone called school, started. The day did not go fast as the comments of hate flowed through rooms like the air that we breathe. Plus, the dizziness and hunger were another struggle to handle. Finally the clock struck 3:15 and I was free. Packing up, relief gushed through my body. The actress in me remained behind, as I sat in the car seat.

“Remember, today we have lunch with grandma,” my mom said as the fastened her seatbelt.

“Mhhh…” I murmured disapprovingly.

The car ride was long and my hunger was hard to hide for the sound of my stomach gave it away. “Are you hungry?” my dad asked as we neared the restaurant.

“No, I’m fine,” my lie was weak but credible. I stepped out of the car into the warm appetizing sight of plate being distributed by order to each table. The smell made my mouth water and my head spin. We sat down and I met my grandma. When the waiter came to take the order, I excused myself to go to the bathroom. On the way there, people stared at me and I felt uncomfortable.

Maybe they knew.

On the way there, a little girl sitting on the swing caught my attention. Her eyes were the color of sapphire which stood out in the crowd of ordinary brown eyes.

“Hey you,” she called for my attention.

“Ummmm, yes?” I awkwardly questioned her feeling stupid.

“Come closer,” she ordered, as she got off the swing.

I did.

“Yes?” I questioned confused. She looked at me and her blue eyes pierced through me.

“You’re really beautiful,” she finally said with a smile.

Shock ran through my body, and the dizziness caught to me as I lost the balance.

“Thank you,” I managed to say, as a tear fell down my face.

And I made my way back to my table, just in time to order a big bowl of pasta.

lizerina776 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm like you....and I can definitely relate

fadingintograyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:39 am:
It's a great story, but the vocabulary you chose is a little to complicated, so it interfered with how fluently I could read the piece.