A Rip Roaring Vacation

In a few days I would be going on a relaxing vacation to the sandy beaches of Destin, Florida. I could already feel it. My toes in the warm, peach sand, the sun beaming on my face, and the waves crashing against the oceans shore. That morning we abandoned the place we called home and were on our way to paradise. But, our way to paradise was going to take longer than I thought. Little did I know, I would be spending twelve elongated hours in a lukewarm, air conditioned car. As we drove on the highway all I remember seeing were miles and miles of trees, mountains, and dead animals laying lifeless on the side of the road.

As we crossed the bridge I saw an eye catching view of the city of Destin. The city was aligned with clear, turquoise water and beautiful scenery. After a few minutes of driving we arrived at our resting spot. We checked in and carried our bags to our hotel room. Our room was equipped with two double beds, a bathroom, a closet, a fridge and a microwave. We plopped down on our beds to take a load off before we headed out to the beach.

It wasn’t a very far walk to get to the beach because our serene hotel was right on the beaches of Destin. Along with the beach, there were tons of shops located right by our hotel, and two pools. There were restaurants, souvenir shops and clothing stores. With the hundred dollars that I had to spend I raced into each store and shopped till I dropped, not walking out of any store empty handed.

Me and my cousin threw on our bathing suits and sunscreen and ran to the pool. We did a big cannonball into the pool and splashed each other with the ice cold water. We swam and giggled for hours until we felt like we were about to pass out at any moment.

After endless days of shopping and fun it was time for us to depart Destin, Florida. We checked out of our hotel and got back into the car. We drove to a home-style restaurant and ordered the best looking thing on the menu. By the time I had finished eating I was worn out. With our seatbelts on and my head against the window I began counting sheep and listened to the songs on the radio, while I slowly drifted off to sleep. After nonstop driving we arrived to our journeys end. My trip to Destin was one of the most amusing trips I have ever been on. It is an experience that I will never forget.

r_rachel98 said...
Good work! Seems like you had a great vacation.  

AmandaClairThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great work! Hope you had an amazing trip and I'd like to hear more details about the things to experienced.