Bigger Than Movies | Teen Ink

Bigger Than Movies

By Reeyn BRONZE, Everson, Washington
Reeyn BRONZE, Everson, Washington

"Trust no one"
"If you want something done right do it yourself"

“I’m a mog- half man, half dog. I’m my own best friend.”- Spaceballs
I am my own best friend and with that, I watch movies. I wake up; movies. I eat; movies. I sleep; wake up, watch more movies. You have your comedy, your romance, mystery, and your horror. Each one represents how you feel at the time which explains why most girls watch romance comedies, but me, I consider myself to be of my own nature. I watch all movies.
“I’m like a peacock, you gotta let me fly!” –The Other Guys
On a daily basis, I speak my own language. I call it moquo; movie quoting for days. By doing this, I spice up my day and make my conversations so much better. Not only that, but during my class presentations I add in funny quotes from my favorite comedy movies.
“Imagine! My little girl…regular, at last.” –Hairspray
Like the wicked mom of Penny Pingleton says, she wishes her daughter were normal, but my parents accept my love for movies, because that is normal for me. I’ve noticed that movies can also describe my life. I could be like Natalie Portman in the Black Swan, or I could be Natalie from The House Bunny who thinks throwing tied tennis shoes over telephone wires is cool.
“This is America, babe, you gotta think big to be big.” –Hairspray
I’ll be in movies one day with Will Ferrell or Jeremy Renner. That or I’ll be a “Superstar!” like Mary Catherine Gallagher says in the movie Superstar. I love performing and I love movies. How much bigger can it get. Yup. My life is pretty awesome, just me, One Direction, and movies…and my tea.
“Jack, why did you leave Kentucky?”
“Why did you leave Iowa?”
“Because I looked around and realized there wasn’t one person whose life I wanted.”
So that is me, I’m going to a new state, new city, meeting celebrities, and hope to be like my movies.