valuable lessons | Teen Ink

valuable lessons

April 17, 2013
By Anonymous

Have you ever had an incident that taught you a valuable lesson? I’ve had a lot like getting in trouble a lot, girls, my grandpa dying, and doing charity work.

I used to get in trouble a lot when I was younger and it taught me how to be sneakier about some things and not to do a lot of things. Now I know not to get in trouble school because my consequences outside of school will be worse than my consequences in school, so now in school I know not to tell people my business because that’s how rumors get started and I just don’t talk in any of my classes because the louder you are the more teachers hate to have you in their classes and they will send you out and get you in trouble for a lot less serious stuff like talking to your neighbor and just being loud. If all the teachers assume you’re a good child then most likely you’re not going to get into a lot of trouble in their class. if you just keep your mouth closed teachers can’t tell you to stop talking and if they don’t tell you to be quite 5 times every day they think your good and when they think you’re a good kid when you do get in trouble it probably won’t be as bad than if you get in trouble every day.
Girls are just drama and they cause a lot of problems so ive learned to stay away from them and just do my own thing. I don’t want to have a girlfriend or even look for a girlfriend until I’m out of high school. Girls just like to gossip and talk about guys and I don’t even want to be a part of that so I’m just going to wait until college to have a girlfriend. But I doubt I’ll be able to go that long without kissing a girl or anything so I’ll have to do that now just nothing serious.
When my grandpa died it sucked because he was like my best friend and I feel like once I got over the fact that he was gone and never coming back I feel like I matured a lot and it taught me how to be more independent. It taught me a valuable lesson because from that day on I felt like I didn’t need anyone to do anything for me. The hardest part about my grandpa dying was when I came home and I walked into the front door I looked up and saw my mom crying, it was so sad to see me mom cry and it just makes me want to do well in life so my mom wont have to worry about anything and I can just take care of my family.
Doing charity work taught me not to take stuff for granite, looking around at all the people who don’t have anything makes you realize how much stuff we take for granite and It feels good to help people out. I do a lot of charity work just because I have so much stuff to be thankful for and a lot of people would die to live my life and I just want to be able to help them out.