There Is A Moment

There is a moment… Just when the covers grow warmer. It's right before the room gets brighter, and the air gets colder. It is a single moment that can last for hours if you are not careful. Perhaps the alarm went off… perhaps it didn't. But there is always that still, silent, agonizing moment when you have to make a decision. And while you try to make the right choice, the air grows colder, and colder… the covers grow warmer and warmer… and the light gets too bright to handle. In that moment, something has to tell you it's worth it.

There was a time in my life when I chose the covers over the air. There was a time in my life where the light was never brighter than the darkness inside of my mind. There was a time, when the cold air was not nearly as cold as the temperature of my heart. I chose to never try. But things have changed… and I chose to get up in the morning, get used to the lighting, put on a jacket, and make the bed. Not because I have something important to do. Not because I like the mornings… Definitely not that. But rather because… I know you're going to ask me what I did today.