Her Eyes | Teen Ink

Her Eyes

March 11, 2013
By Sillygirl3232 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Sillygirl3232 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
" In a world where you can be anything, be yourself."


We all have different eyes. Mine are light blue like the sky, my sisters are deeper blue like the ocean, my brothers as blue as a peacock feather.
Then there are my mom’s eyes, her eyes are very different. I call them unreadable. They are like a mixture of blues and greens and grays and all different eye colors mixed together.
Lots of people say that she has blue eyes or green eyes, but I say they are unreadable. They could be blue one minute but then the next they are green.
There’s a certain look in her eye that I think all mother’s have, it’s the kind of look that say’s “I care about you” or “I love you” without even saying it. Even though her eyes are unreadable to me I can always tell when she is sad, mad, happy, excited, or any other emotion.
She always comes up to me and asks, “What color are my eyes” and I say “Unreadable”. That is what I love about my mom, her eyes!


The author's comments:
My Mommas eyes are what inspired me to write this piece. Her eyes are beautiful...but unreadable.