Childhood | Teen Ink

Childhood

January 31, 2013
By KeaganLT BRONZE, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
KeaganLT BRONZE, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
If a tomato is a fruit, than isn't ketchup a smoothie?
-keagan McCarthy


This is a summery of my life when i was little

Chapter 1: Childhood
Childhood # When I was little I lived in Shorewood, Wisconsin. I only lived there for a few years, like when I was in preschool. Though I have to say they were some of the best years of my life. They were also the worst years of my life. I always had a good time during preschool. I had so many friends and there were very cool toys. I liked to play with a train on a table that looked like a small town. The train went through tunnels, over hills, and around turns. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! My class also played games like musical chairs; I think that’s like the best game ever. I know what you're thinking, a 13 year old kid loves walking around chairs with music, but there is nothing wrong with embracing my inner child. There were also a lot of things I did outside of daycare. There was a playground where we played games in the water. Water guns and balloons were cool things to do on the hot days. We ran through sprinklers and got sprayed by hoses. This was so fun. The slide on the playground was huge and it was fun to ride as well. One of the best times of daycare was when I put puzzles together every morning. I thought they were very challenging, even though the pieces were as big as my head. I always started with an ocean puzzle with ocean animals. It was the easier of the two. I would finish that and either feel confident to do the space puzzle, or I would just say I want to do something else. When I felt lucky, I would do the space #puzzle. It was longer and harder. By longer I mean it was a very long rectangle. I only did this one on a few occasions, so it was an accomplishment when I finished it. I felt so happy! I did pretty cool things at my house as well. I watched T.V. shows like Dora, the Wiggles, and the Magic School Bus. I also ran around the house like a maniac; you know, like any ordinary child would. My sister would point places and I would run there and she’d clap for me. One day she ran into the top of an old french door. The ones where the top or bottom part only opens . She had to get stitches. On a higher note, well not really, I fell down the stairs a lot. I never got hurt so that’s good, but it never felt good. It only hurt when I hit the floor. It felt like a rollercoaster until I the hit wall or floor. Our stairs were a dangerous place for me; Our house wasn't really childproof. My sister and I always had the coolest baby sitters. One of them had multi-colored streaks in her hair and she played with me. They always became really good friends with my family, and we have kept in touch with most of them. They were fun to have around, but now I prefer to just have myself at home with no one around. I also remember getting Happy Meals just for the toys; I got a superhero toy once and played with it everywhere. It’s amazing how plastic molds can be so fun. I didn't really like to eat the food, I just was in it for the toys. I was like any other little kid. Play with a toy one day, and move on to the next one the next day. I also had a stuffed penguin since the day I was born. I took it everywhere. Then one day I took it to the bathroom, and it fell in the toilet. I still have it to this day, and it has a bright blue tint. Childhood was very exciting and I loved every minute of it. It was the best time of my life, so far, and I will never forget the good times I had. Falling down stairs, playing with sprinklers, dropping penguins in toilets; these were things I won't forget. When I’m bored, I just look in some old scrapbooks and find my history of my small self.