The Scariest Birthday Ever. | Teen Ink

The Scariest Birthday Ever.

By B.G.101230 BRONZE, Middletown, Connecticut
B.G.101230 BRONZE, Middletown, Connecticut

“So many people can be responsible for your Success.
but only you are responsible for your failure.”

“OMG”, I gasped as I walked into the house. “What happened?” I asked to no one in particular.

As I walked in the door I noticed a half-eaten donut my dad had eaten. I was wondering what had happened to my family while I was gone. Just then I saw a note under the plate of the donut.

It said, Dear Brian, Come to 12 Ridgecway Drive at two o’clock this afternoon. We’ll be waiting for you. Don’t worry we’ll be okay, just come to this address. Love mom.

What, I thought. Why would mom write me a note like that? Maybe they got kidnapped. But who in their right mind would steal my parents on my birthday. Also, how will I get to this address? I was thinking frantically. I went next store to my friend’s house. But when I went rang the doorbell his parents came out and said he would be out of the house until three o’ clock.

So when I got back home, I got my cell phone and called a taxi.

I was 15 minutes early to the address so, I waited outside behind a bush. I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. What had felt like an hour was only a minute in a half.

Finally, after what felt like months, it was two o’clock. I knocked on the door and nobody answered. I jiggled the door knob and the door opened. When I walked in, all was quiet, the lights were off. There were shadows all around the rooms. Finally, I asked “Is anyone here?” Everything was still quiet.

Then all of a sudden, the lights shot on, people jumped out of all of the corners, and screamed “SURPRISE!” I was so flabbergasted by this that I couldn’t process what was going on. What felt like a bullet hitting me was my dog Cisco. He jumped on me, and started to lick every part of my body that was not protected by clothing. I was hiccupping, laughing, and crying all at the same time.