First Day Driving | Teen Ink

First Day Driving

First day driving

The day I got my driver’s license was a glorious day. The first thing I did was called Jacob XXXXXXX and we went joy riding. I picked Jacob up by his house. We then drove to a very twisty dirt road. I tried drifting my truck but the back end wasn’t kicking out and my tires weren’t spinning. I looked at Jacob and said “something is wrong with my truck its losing a lot of horsepower” Jacob then looked at me and said “I didn’t know you could fit a horse underneath this hood”. We kept driving and I came to a stop sign. I put the pedal to the floor and realized my front tires were spinning so I looked down at my 4 wheel drive and visualized it being in 4 wheel drive the whole time. I then took my truck out of 4 wheel drive and we went cruising. Jacob and I were drifting every corner there was possible. We the pulled up to this lake called wide waters. At wide waters there is a two track to get to the other side. I took the two track and there was a medium sized mud hole that my truck drove right through. When we got to the other side of the lake I decided to drive through the lake. I thought it was going to be really deep and I was going to drown my truck but I did it anyways. As I was going through the lake I realized it wasn’t that deep and my truck made it through it just fine. After we got out of the lake we drove to 3 mile. 3 mile is a really long stretch of road that is great for drag racing. When I turned onto the road I put the pedal to the floor, roasted my tires and never let up. When I was driving down that road I hit 101 mph. There really wasn’t a need to go that fast I just wanted to see how fast it would go. When we got to the end of 3 mile I went straight until I got to this private road. I drove down the private road I had never been down that road before so I had no idea where it was going to take us. As we were driving down that road we saw some sand dunes on the side of the road. There was a fence in front of the sand dunes and we were trying to find an opening but we never did. When we got to the end of the road there was nothing but a turnaround so I turned around. We then left the private road and drove to this place in Luther called turkey shoot. Turkey shoot is a place that has a really big sandy hill about 50 feet in the air and Is at a 70 degree angle. I attempted to drive my truck up the hill but I barely even made it 10 feet up. We then left turkey shoot because I was afraid I was going to get my truck stuck in the soft sand. After we left there we drove to this dead end road. When I got to the end of the road I started doing doughnuts. When I finished doing doughnuts my truck started fish tailing and I lost control and drove it up a bank. I was really scared I was going to roll it because my passenger front tire and my driver side rear tire were the only ones on the ground. Jacob and I had a pretty rowdy day the first day I got my drivers license. I wouldn’t change a single thing about that day.