Writing | Teen Ink

Writing

By dancing.inthe.rain GOLD, Bowling Green, Kentucky
dancing.inthe.rain GOLD, Bowling Green, Kentucky

"We all fear death and question our place in the universe. The artist's job is not to subcome to dispair, but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existance." -Gertrude Stein in the movie Midnight In Paris.

Never noticed how much I like writing. I love the sound the sharpened tip of the pencil makes as it dances it´s way across the paper making markings that mean something, how it knows each move with perfection for each person. The paper is like the dance floor, empty at first and the filled with memories meant to last forever. It is very much like drawing, each person’s handwriting describes them without them really realizing it. Each style is a different dance. Cursive could be a delicate and fluid ballet, spinning it´s way across the paper in an emotional story. There is also the writing that leaves a lot of space between each word, like it has stage-fright and can´t remember what move comes next, or the kind that is stuck together like a a single word, as if the dancer wanted to get over with the performance quickly and rushed each move almost making it a blur. Writing changes with time, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst, but still keeping the slight touch of the artist no matter how off it goes.

Just writing about writing

Choirgirl SILVER, Las Cruces, New Mexico
this is a great piece about writing.  I can see where you are coming from.