The Inevitable Fate | Teen Ink

The Inevitable Fate

By Bartlomiej Niemiec BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois
Bartlomiej Niemiec BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois

I believe that everything that has a beginning must also have an end. No matter whom you are, what you are, or where you’re from, you will always have one thing in common with everything else in the world. Everything in the world must eventually come to an end. Death is something that everyone thinks about and will experience throughout their life. You cannot escape or avoid it, you can only accept it.

What is the toll that all men must pay? The toll is death. All people, no matter the age, race, or religion will have to die. Death is inevitable. To die is the end of the human journey. Some go before others, but in the long run they will all die. One thing that is certain in life is that death will come. You won’t know where or when, but you know that it will eventually come. It comes across everyone’s mind at one point or another. How long will I live? When will my time be up? Have I done enough with my life? The end makes you question your life up to that point, thinking about past moments and thinking of what you could have done differently, but you can’t change the past. In the end, you must gather up the rest of your strength, say your goodbyes, and be ready to meet your maker.

Everything comes to an end in its own way. People die in various ways, pets die of disease of old age, plants die from lack of water, or many other reasons, but inanimate objects come to an end differently. Things that are constructed are destroyed by two main forces; nature and human beings. Death has many different forms, it is any force that causes objects to corrode, decay, and crumble. Time is the biggest factor in this process. Objects take much more time to grow old and decay, but they cannot beat time. Nothing is safe from death with time. Buildings, streets, cars, and everything else you can think of will come to an end with time.
As you continue to think about it, you realize that if everything must come to an end, then what will happen to the universe? Dying is not only for things like trees and man, it is also for planets and everything else you see in the night sky. Starry and beautiful will one day be bare and dark. All the planets, stars, and even the sun will one day be gone. In the end, everything in existence will fall victim to death, no matter how big or grand it may be. Nothing can escape the cold clutches of death.

In the end, what will there be other than darkness if everything is gone. Death consumes life like fire consumes wood; it keeps going until there is nothing left but ashes. Since you cannot beat death, you accept it and make what you can of life knowing that one day your time will be up and you will come to an end. Everything will meet the inevitable fate of death, no matter; good, bad, living, or inanimate, you, it, anything, and everything will perish.