Scariest Time Of My Life | Teen Ink

Scariest Time Of My Life

July 10, 2012
By Mackenzie Hollowell BRONZE, Austin, Texas
Mackenzie Hollowell BRONZE, Austin, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One of the scariest times of my life occurred when I was on the bus going over to the 24, which is kind of a bad part of town; it has really sketchy people, crack heads and thugs walking around. I was going there by myself on my way to my boy friend’s house. It was probably around 11:30ish at night and I was minding my own business, just listening to music, then I notice this group of guys get on the bus. They were around the same age as me maybe a little older, they had mustaches and their face just looked aged. I ignored them at first. Then, randomly they started talking to me and I was still ignoring them because I don’t like to talk to people on the bus late at night. All of a sudden they thought that they could start trying to touch me, grabbing at my clothes and my hair. I turned around and said very sternly, “you better stop touching me,” so, naturally they got mad. They started trying even more and at the time I didn’t think of getting the bus driver’s attention. I was slapping their hands away, then one of the ones sitting in the seats across the aisle, sat deep in his seat and showed me a gun. Right then, I knew this was serious and got really scared. The one behind me said, “Don’t even think about it,” after he saw me look at the driver. They didn’t know when I was getting off of the bus but when I did get off, they were right behind me. I was walking really fast and going up the dark, barely lit street and then all of a sudden I feel the gun against the back of my head. He said “B**** I aint afraid to shoot you right now,” at that point I could only think of my family and what was going to happen to them. I said “Go ahead, do it.” I took one breath and thought that it was going to be the end of my life right then. Suddenly I heard him cocking the gun and I said….”Screw you.” Then, I felt the pressure on the back of my head release and he ran off. By that time my ride was pulling up and started getting out of the car, all I could do was drop to my knees and cry my eyes out; I was so scared. I got in the car just staring straight ahead and not talking, it felt like we were driving forever, finally when we got to his house I just walked inside dropped my bags and feel into a deep sleep.