The Books in My Life | Teen Ink

The Books in My Life

By LexxC SILVER, Fargo, North Dakota
LexxC SILVER, Fargo, North Dakota

Move it or Lose it!

I have lived my life through the world of books. Every adventure I read became inspiration for me. In the book, House Rules by Jodi Picoult, i aspire to be as knowledgeable and as caring as Emma. From The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, I am inspired to be as free-willed and independent as Katniss or Gale, or be as creative as Peeta. One personal favorite of mine is Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, because of the adventure, hope, and dreams told in that story, they will live on with me forever. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls shows the friendship between a boy an his dog and the adventures they go on, that book showed me that a bond like theirs was indestructible until the very end. Betty Smith wrote A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, which showed the hardships of life that a girl can surpass and grow to be intelligent and strong in heart. Through books I have lived, laughed, cried, loved, and dreamed.

I wrote this because I have a strong love of books and I hope other people will realize that they are great.