Unanswered Questions | Teen Ink

Unanswered Questions

By Maria_B BRONZE, Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Maria_B BRONZE, Morrisville, Pennsylvania

Dear Father,
How are you? I hope you’re doing ok, better than I am anyway. I know you’re probably busy or whatever, and I know you won’t answer, but I wanted to ask you a few questions.

Why did you leave my mother?

How could you let her give me up? How could you let her send up her only child to another continent?

What are you doing with your life? Are you working or are you a drug addict or in prison?

Where are you now? Are you still in Peru or did you burn all your bridges and leave everything behind?

Who are you? I want to know.

Do you know how it feels growing up without a father? Do you know how much I want to find you? Do you know how much it kills me to know I may never meet you? Do you know how often I just want to be held, but no one’s here to? Do you know how much it hurts to not even know your name? Do you love me?

Do you even know I exist?

Sincerely,
Your loving daughter

jennifer27 PLATINUM, Sunnyside, Washington
it might hurt alot. i live with out my real father i feel the same way sumtimes but you now theres a heavenly father that loves you so much that he gave his only son to die on the croz for you. dont forget that. im christain and i go to church and god has turned my life from bad to good hes always there with me all you need to do is pray read the bible and go to a church and do it with all your heart cz hes the only one that can help you. and change you life. in jeremiah 33.3 it says call to me and i will show you great and mighty things which you dont know