The Remaining | Teen Ink

The Remaining

By Silas BRONZE, Brandon, Wisconsin
Silas BRONZE, Brandon, Wisconsin

(Black dress shirt,khakis, and black jordan shoes). While walking into the building of sorrow where feelings build up and let out! I walked into the family room waiting for a few minutes to enter the room of the loved one. Waiting, felt so long each second was multiple flashbacks that ran through my head. Finally, while heading to the door I felt pain each step. Once in the room the brown walls with white trim brought out the table of flowers purchased by the loved families and friends. Their lied a brown casket which laid a wonderful person that I cherished multiple experiences. My NaNa. Pictures of her grandchildren lay above her blessed pillow. She was wearing a white polo, which started making me choke up. My reactions were to hold her hand and kiss her goodbye one last time. My hands and lips felt a cold tickle, which ended up with tears trickling down my cheeks and down to the floor. My dad walked up to me saying “She is in a better place,” then my PaPa came by me saying “She is in heaven watching down on us.” I couldn’t stop crying because the last words she said to me in the hospital was “ Don’t cry Si, I love you,” I responded “ I’ll see you at my game and I love you,” then I gave her a kiss goodbye. So much was running through. All of a sudden I had a flashback of her and I gambling with quarters like old times, but only memorizes will stay with me. The feelings of her being gone felt like a crack in my heart, which my hands started jittering and started sweating. I Still remember almost everything everything that happened that day on Oct 4th, 201. R.I.P NANA