Friendship | Teen Ink

Friendship

June 1, 2012
By Anonymous

I remember like it,was yesterday, me and my best friend, who I had been friends with for three years, and I were just talking, like every other day, I noticed something was weird. I knew something was bothering her, something she hadn’t told me before.

I asked and she replied, with a nothing. A week passed by, and i didn’t go to school,
on a thursday, at 12:43pm she had texted me, saying i had said some hurtful and mean stuff about her, I asked what I had supposably said about her? She didn’t reply.

One of my pet peeves, is when someone doesn’t reply to a message when it’s serious,so I was very frustrated!!

I was eager to go to school the next day, I showed up, but , she didn’t.
A week later she finally came to school, she’s the type of person who doesn’t like school at all. When she came to class she wouldn’t talk to me or even look at me, she acted as if i weren’t there, that hurt because we were so used to always talking and telling each other everything. Now we were strangers, all because she let rumors that weren’t true get to her. When she wold ignore me, it felt horrible, like a ship sinking into your stomach! In my head i knew that what she was doing was not right, and that later on she was going to regret it , or the “favor” was going to be returned later on in life.

Her and my other “friend” would talk to each other, but not to me, that was hard.
Even if i acted as if it didn’t bother me at all, it did i’m usually a funny, outgoing, person, but for three whole weeks i would have to put on a fake smile, when I would enter school.
I was not going to let that get to me, and i was not going to apologize for something I didn’t do. Three weeks passed by and I figured things would get easier. Until one day, she came up to me, the first thing that came to my mind was that she going to start drama.

She said “hey”

I said “what”,

She said “I want to be friends again, I want to apologize for what happened, I didn’t mean it , I let things get to me ,I feel really bad for the way I treated you, I knew it wasn’t right and I didn’t have no right to accuse you like that.”

I said, “ I don’t know, the way you treated me was bad you don’t know how I felt, when you would ignore me.”

She said, she felt horrible and just wanted to be friends again, i told her that would what she did to me was something i was not going to forget...The thing that went through my head, was that “ WOW! , this has been our biggest fight ever,” and I knew it wasn’t going to be the same anymore, our friendship went from the best to a really sad, and awkward friendship. I didn’t want things to end up like this, but it was her fault she chose rumors, over friendship!..