Just a Memory | Teen Ink

Just a Memory

Screaming and crying. Heartache, keep a smile on my face, even though I have issues. I still keep a smile on my face. I’ve been through a lot when I was younger. And I’m still going through things now. I wish my life would be a lot smoother. So I won’t have to constantly smile at everyone and lie and say that I am fine. Only because I don’t want anyone to know what’s really going on at home. Sitting in the classroom, thinking to myself ‘I guess my facial expression told them something was wrong.’

People kept asking me what was wrong, but I’d say that I am fine with a straight face so they would leave me alone. It’s just some things I don’t want anyone to know about. I’m at a party where everyone is drinking and smoking, having a good time. A boy that I was familiar with walks up to me and starts talking to me. I talked to hi'm a while but ‘I didn’t really know him at all’.

I was getting uncomfortable because he kept touching me. So I left from where he was and got ready to leave. ‘I can’t wait till I get home’ is what I was thinking. You could just smell the liquor approaching you. As if the liquor was massaging my nose. ‘Hey’, the boy from the party walked up to me again. But this time he was wasted. ‘What do you want?’ I asked. ‘I just came to check on you that’s all’ he said. ‘You don’t even know me!’ I started to walk away from him. Sensing that he got offend, he grabbed me. Pushed me against the wall, ‘my back felt as if it broken’ I couldn’t move. I tried to scream but he covered my mouth. ‘You better not tell anybody’. The looks in his eyes were like a demon eyes.

I know that you’re not supposed to keep everything inside. But I don’t think I could just come out and tell my past experiences.
It’s just a matter of time…

When all of this will be over…
Everything that I just said…

Makes me feel invisible…
Its some things that I wish I could forget…

But I can’t… it just stays in my head. It’s really frustrating… I get mad every time I think about the things that happened to me in the past. But at least it’s just a memory.