Depressed | Teen Ink

Depressed

By Joycelyn Williams BRONZE, Oak Park, Michigan
Joycelyn Williams BRONZE, Oak Park, Michigan

April 3rd coming from school and the whole car was deadened and my older sister was in the car which was unusual but I didn’t question it.

My uncle was in the hospital I hate being in hospital the smell makes me sick to my stomach. He has been in there for a minute now we usually go see him after my mom picks me and my brother up from school we stopped at a red light

I asked my mom were we going to see him. She stared back at me. The look on her face.

I just can’t explain it looked like she had lost everything in the world then she said,”He died”.

It was like everything just paused.

My brother started to cry and all I could do was stare into space like nothing was there the whole ride home I just sat like that like I was hit in the head and was struck dumb. We pulled up into the drive way and everybody got out of the car and I just sat there.

My mind went totally blank it was too unreal.

It took me a minute to snap back into reality. I finally got out the car and went into the house my mom asked me was I ok.

I didn’t answer.

I just went in my room closed the door and laid in my bed. I felt as if someone popped me like a balloon and life was slowly deflating out of me. For the next week or so.

I just laid there. No calls. No Text.

Till this day I still feel lost without him.