My American Dream | Teen Ink

My American Dream

May 17, 2012
By Anonymous

Ever since I was a little girl, I have always wanted to have a long, interesting life. Not everyone is blessed with one; therefore, I want to make the most out of mine, and when I dream, I dream big. I understand that dreams do not come true by themselves. I will have to work exceptionally hard, and it will not always be easy; however, hard work will pay off. If a person never tries, they will never succeed; I believe in living in life to the fullest and jumping on every opportunity possible. In my American Dream, I want to go to college to get a good education so I support myself as a therapist; then I want to marry my handsome prince who will support my dreams of becoming an artist.

Because I want a long, exciting life, my American Dream is very complex. First, I want to go to college to receive a good education. It is extremely important to me that my college is located near a huge shopping mall and beach. As a shopaholic, I love the hustle and bustle of the city, but the beach will be somewhere I can relax and tan after a long week at school and work. Because I want to rent a beach house instead of rooming at a dorm, I must have a job during college. I will probably be a manager at Barnes and Nobles where I will surely not waste the discount they give me on the inventory. After I graduate, I will be a therapist. With luck once my career as a therapist takes off, I will find my handsome prince, fall in love, and marry him. I will find my dress Kleinfeld and be on Say Yes to the Dress. Because my fiancé will be a doctor, we will be able to afford a huge wedding; however, I do not want to be dependent on my man. Not only will I be a therapist, but I will also have a side business as an artist. Because I want to have at least 5 kids, art will be my escape from the chaos at home. I will design murals for well known restaurants, paint portraits for famous celebrities, and create sculptures for art museums. Things might be tough at first, however, but when people recognize my talent, everyone will know my name. My American Dream is living life to the fullest and surrounding myself with many opportunities to find happiness.

After I graduate from high school, I want to go to college to receive the necessary education to become a therapist; I also want to get married and fulfill my dreams of becoming an artist. I know to accomplish my goals, I will have to work extremely hard, but with dedication and hard work, I will graduated college and have two flourishing careers as a therapist and an artist. I will also be a nurturing mother of 5 beautiful children and loving wife. Balancing everything will not always be easy; however, hard work will pay off, and I will obtain my American Dream.